I ran the Provo River 1/2 Marathon this morning. It was great fun except for the fact that I had to get up at 4:30 am and be there not later than 5:30 am, I had to leave Harvey home, the course was changed on us due to the lastest fire up by Bridal Veil Falls, and I had bowel problems the whole time.I really, really enjoy running, but the past few races that I have done have not been my favorite. At the beginning of the summer it was my plan to run a marathon this year, but I have changed my mind. I don't know how much I love these organized races. I think my favorite thing is to get up when my body is ready, put on my camelbak, strap Harvey in for the ride, put on my tunes and off I go. I enjoy running alone up the canyon and back home, where I know the course and can focus on everything around me.
I did have a good time running with Jessica and being that it was her first 1/2 she did a great job! I don't want to sound like a downer because I did enjoy it and am happy that I ran it. Thanks all you Provo Marathoners for the run we shared this morning. I will see you next year!
3 comments:
Go Liz!! You're amazing. I commend you for LOVING to run period. I don't like running, but it sure is good exercise.
That's awesome! What a cool accomplishment!
you should try triathalons. I did this summer and they are so much fun to train for and I didn't hurt as bad as after 1/2 or full marathons.
Post a Comment