Yesterday I was going crazy because I couldn't find my last library book that needed to be returned. It had been missing for a few weeks so I decided to check in the last place that I could think of.....Graham's closet. I pulled out all the toys, dumped out the big tub that sits in the corner and started digging. I found it in there!! I was so relieved.
But what did the kids find, many old toys that they hadn't seen for awhile. It was like we just went shopping for a bunch of new toys and they were loving it. It entertained them for hours.

But what did the kids find, many old toys that they hadn't seen for awhile. It was like we just went shopping for a bunch of new toys and they were loving it. It entertained them for hours.
Before bed Graham organized a little path to go to his bed and on the floor by his bed he made a home for his favorite toy robot that has been missing for awhile. He said, "Look Mom! My next door neighbor!" It's amazing the fun they have had with all these junk toys!
So it all started with a lost library book, but we found many treasures including a little free time for me because the kids are totally entertained!
2 comments:
I do that everytime I move! I spend hours looking through all my old junk and find treasures I had forgotten about. Kind of fun...
Aaahhh...the phenomenon of hiding/finding...I just discovered this today when my girls secretly unpacked some of their toys and were thrilled to play with them. I think I'm going to keep one box of toys packed away at all times, then rotate the toys so my girls think they have cool, new items. The joke's on them! I'm glad you found your book. :)
Post a Comment