A couple of months ago, David and I went to The Hulk. There was a preview before the show for Mamma Mia! I leaned over to David and whispered, "I want to see that!" After giving me a look, I said back, "I will be seeing it with the girls." Sure enough, last night I went out with Laurel, this was her second time seeing it, and Sarah, who is dilated to a 3, but wanted to see it before she has her baby.
If you don't already know, Mamma Mia has been a broadway musical since 1999 based off of ABBA music. There were some parts in the movie that might be offensive to some, but I really enjoyed it. It made me want to get up and dance and sing! It was pure entertainment and I must say that I am glad that David didn't come along with me because he just simply wouldn't have enjoyed it like us girls did!
After the movie Laurel took me to her house to lend me her soundtrack. This morning me and the kids have been dancing around the living room. Thanks for the fun time girls!
2 comments:
Liz, I had almost the same experience with my husband.. If I remember right after I saw the preview I leaned over and said, "yes"... he then leaned over and said, "no". It was pretty funny because I knew it wouldn't be one on the top of his list. I loved the movie!.. but I can see how some would be offended. I went and bought the soundtrack right after I saw the movie and listen to it all the time! LOVE IT! GO ABBA!
I'm sorry to say I am not going to make it to the reunion this weekend. Be sure to say hi to anyone that might ask about me. :) I've been really paranoid about this pregnancy and feel like I need to stick around home in case something happens (I've had some issues with past pregnancies).
I love your blog stories. Your kids crack me up! Love the one of the song made up by Graham... "I have the best family..." Kids are so funny and so clever!
That is so funny! I can just picture you strutting around the house with a wooden-spoon-microphone lip syncing "Dancing Queen" with your kids as backup singers. :) I'm glad you loved the movie and got to have some girl time!
Post a Comment