I was so nervous for him. It's a much longer day than kindergarten and he gets to pack a lunch. I had some anxieties like, how is he going to know what to do at lunch? and is he just going to go to recess after he eats? How will he know??.....but all of that went away today when I picked him up and realized that he is just fine. He just goes along with all the other kids. He was excited because at lunch, "he saw everyone he knew in kindergarten!"
It is weird to think that I now have a first grader, but I think it will be even weirder when Carmen starts pre-school at Alisa's next week and two days out of the week it will just be me and Morgan.
2 comments:
I know exactly where you're coming from. I was so nervous for Tyler his first day (he just started first grade, too), but I think he did fine. He didn't starve, or cry, or pee his pants, or get lost, at least!
I have tears in my eyes seeing Graham - so big and starting 1st grade! What a cute boy! I had all the same worries when Melanie started 1st grade. Finally, you figure out that your kids are way smarter than you give them credit for.
Post a Comment