Monday, August 18, 2008

My Guitar!


Back when I was single I bought a guitar. It's made of cherry wood and is beautiful. My brother Dan had just started to play, so I thought I would join him in the journey of teaching myself. After a few months of practicing my fingers hurt and I was even more discouraged when I took a guitar class at Ricks where the teacher taught us his own method of reading music. The beautiful guitar sat in the corner following me with every move and then even along with me into my marriage. One day, after Daniel's mission, he asked me if he could buy it from me if I wasn't using it. I accepted knowing that this beautiful guitar would be in good hands, but there was one condition....I could buy it back from him whenever I wanted to pick up playing again.

So a few months ago I started to get the itch to play again. I told Dan that I was interested in buying it back. Yesterday when I was about ready to come home from Rexburg, Dan came over to the house with an "early birthday present". My guitar! It was a great surprise. He informed me that he restrung it for me because the other strings were way to hard to push. Which explained why my fingers hurt so bad! I kept waiting for my calluses to be strong enough! Thanks Dan and Sadie for the gift. I am excited to start to play again!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Liz I am so excited for you. Once you learn to play it again you can add it to the list of all the other wonderful talents you have

Sam Packer said...

Lava Boots!

Becky said...

Liz,
In that box of things you brought by it had my old violin book. That is so funny that you are going to play again. I kinda want to learn the violin again.

Marcy said...

Awesome story!