Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Sunday Thought

Today was fast and testimony meeting. It was such a great meeting...all three hours. The spirit was so strong as many testified of the spirit and their gratefulness of it in their lives.
I too want to add my testimony to all the others today and say that I am so grateful for the spirit in my life. I know that I am prompted many times to do things that I need to act on right away. It is important for us to act on those promptings as we feel them. If we don't act right away, then the prompting becomes dull. There have been times in my life where the spirit will speak to me and it doesn't make any sense as to why, but I need to have faith to DO IT! I never know what kind of influence or help I will have on someone that will need me. There is a quote by Spender W. Kimball that goes, "God does notice us and he watches over us, but it is usually through another mortal that he meets our needs." I know that is true. It has happened many times in my life where because of others listening to the Holy Ghost, they have helped me and my family many times. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. I am grateful for the promptings I get. I am very grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Liz, you are living proof that God answers our needs and prayers through other people. Thank you for being you.