Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Few Pictures From Camping in Island Park

I got some great pictures from Emily of our trip to Island Park with the Thompson family. We had a blast and it was beautiful. Here are just a select few of the great time that we had!
The river was just steps away from our campsite. Here is the sunset.
A few of the kids on the dock by our campsite.
Family Home Evening Monday night around the campfire.
This is Jay's shower which I used one day and was very impressed. It was totally HOT! For a minute I forgot I was camping.
Here the boys found a huge ant hill on one of our hikes. It was huge!! David is showing the boys how to poke holes in it. Bad David. I don't think we should mess with them.

Here we are on top of "Golf Ball Peak". There were a few who stayed back at camp. It was freezing up there, but the scenery was amazing.

Here are some rainbow trout in "Big Springs" The water was so nice and clear.

Carmen celebrated her 4th birthday on Tuesday.

David lifted up the plasic forks making them look like they came out of Carmen's birthday present. Carmen looked at them for a second and then said, "Those are for Morgan."

Here David and I are having a "rock throwing contest". What was I thinking? David can throw a rock like 2 times further that me. The funny thing is, I am the one that challenged him.

Morgie fell asleep on the raft. Here is a close up of her owie that she got when she fell right on her lip walking on the dirt road. Poor thing.

I absolutely love this picture! I have a few of me when I was a kid with my siblings in the old orange life jackets. Thanks Emily for taking this picture for me!
Wednesday night we went to Mack's Inn for the dinner theater there. The show was Butch Cassidy and the Sunburnt Kid. It was great fun!

2 comments:

Karen K said...

Love the life vest picture. I thought my kids were funny, until I read your Graham quotes. How does he come up with these things? I had to read them to Jon, too. We were both cracking up.

Natalie said...

Those orange lifejackets are classic and the kids wearing them are so darling! I loved seeing the pictures of I.P.; I really miss that place. Your camping adventures look like a bunch of fun and I'm glad you got to go. I love that Carmen said the forks were for Morgan. That's hilarious.