Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My New Shoes!!

Remember as a kid when you would get a new pair of Sneakers and you felt like you could run forever? I would loook down at my feet and feel like I was faster than lightning. It reminds me of the quote from Ray Bradbury's book, Dandelion Wine, "Feel those shoes, Mr. Sanderson, feel how fast they'd take me? All those springs inside? Feel all the running inside? Feel how they kind of grab hold and can't let you alone and don't like you just standing there?" (p. 23)

I myself have enjoyed running as long as I can remember. I enjoyed competing in races as a kid all the way through high school and now I enjoy participating in local races around Provo. I have been needing a new pair of shoes. The Provo River 1/2 marathon is in a few weeks and am excited for that, but I knew that my shoes probably wouldn't do the trick. So here they are! My new running shoes. I just won them off of ebay where they retail at $160, but I got a screaming good deal winning the bid at $59.99!! Aren't they cute?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I love a good bargain, too.