Thursday, July 17, 2008

Calling all Haircuts!

As a kid I had some crazy hairstyles. From spiral perms to donut bangs I think I had it all. In high school I an attempted "A line" cut. My hair is thick, so I don't know if that went over too well for me. I remember my mom would do at-home haircuts all the time when I was a kid. She would cut it straight across everywhere. Straight across the top of my ear, above my brow, and along my neck. I looked like I was wearing a helmet. This is a picture of Becky and I playing "house". Notice Becky has the straight across bangs also.

Today was haircut day at our house. Carmen and Morgan got their first haircut ever. Being that Carmen will be 4 next Tuesday and the ends of her hair were totally dead, a haircut was well overdue. I didn't dare to cut anything too drastic, so they both just got a trim.























This is a before and after of Harvey.
We even gave Harvey a haircut. Next time he will be going to get professionally groomed. He has too much hair and they probably could do a better job than our amateur job. He reminds me of the sheep in the Pixar short film "Bound'n" after he gets his haircut. He feels all sad and insecure, like his hair was his identity. Poor Harvey. Maybe he is insecure because he hears us laughing at him. He just needs to find his new self. I personally like his hair long, but he was just too hot.

4 comments:

Jay said...

That's the funniest thing! I was laughing at Harvey's picture even before I read what you said. . . he DEFINITELY looks forlorn. . . whatever will he do now?

Lindsey said...

Liz - It's lindsey lils - - I was so happy to see your comment on our blog! Talk about long time no see! You look absolutely adorable and your family is so cute. We have thought of you from time to time and wondered where you were and what you were up to - - so happy you are doing well. I love the vintage haircut pic - - Paige had the same straight across haircut and is still a little scarred by it. I just tried to cut my little one's hair and it didn't go so well - I'll leave it to the pros. Keep in touch!!! xoxo.

Natalie said...

I love the retro picture of your bangs...it made me laugh! :) I always thought you had the cutest hair in elementary school. Carmen and Morgan are so darn cute. You did a great job on them (and on Harvey)!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you did a great job! Whenever I try a "trim" on Hunter it ends up being a buzz because I do the "straight across the ears" - and it ends up looking like some 80s hairstyle with steps on the side or something. :)
Anyway - nice work!