We have been staying up way too late this past week watching the Olympics. Some of my favorite events have been the diving, swimming, and gymnastics. It has all been very entertaining, but to us the most amazing thing has been to watch Michael Phelps. He is in another league than the rest of the swimmers.Last night they were talking about his body and how it is an ideal body for a swimmer. He stands at 6'4" with an arm span of 6'8". His feet are size 14 (they related them to flippers) and his hand are the size of dinner plates. His legs are only the size of a 6'0" man, but his torso it the size of a 6'8" man.
If you haven't had a chance to watch him compete yet, I think he has a few more races to go. He has won 6 Gold's making it a total of 11 Gold's for his career. Go Phelps!! It's been very entertaining to watch.
1 comment:
We should start a support group for Phelps fans who let their kids stay up late. We are in the same boat and I thought the analysis of his body last night was so interesting as well. He does have a huge torso, huh? I can't believe he has won 6 gold medals...I just hope he doesn't get anything less than gold because as strange as it sounds, it would seem like a let-down! How messed up is that? :)
Post a Comment