Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random Happenings

  • I hate that when you're pregnant you can't work as hard as you think you can. And if you do, then you get sick. Yep, I have another cold coming on, just because I hosted a progressive dinner at my house last night! Ugh!!
  • I have been making a bunch of homemade Christmas gifts this year and will be posting them soon, without disclosing the name of who they are for, of course. They're really cute!!
  • Graham is starting to love reading! Yippee! Two nights ago, he asked if we could go to the library to pick up some more chapter books!!
  • Something funny Graham said when we heard the "hippopotamus" Christmas song on the radio: "This girl must be really young and not understand that if she had a hippopotamus for a pet, it would bite her in half in a second."
  • Carmen loves school. She makes friends really easy and especially loves the mom helpers that come in to volunteer everyday. She has told me a few times that her and ____'s mom are really good friends.
  • Carmen is still a Tom Boy through and through. We went to a pet store over Thanksgiving break and she fell in love with a ferret there. You know, those huge rodants. Yuck! She said, "Mom, if you guys don't give me a ferret for Christmas, then I will just as Santa for one." Oh, great!
  • Morgan has been showing her ballerina dance moves to anyone and everyone that will watch her. No, she isn't in any ballet class as of yet.
  • Little does Morgan know, we have great friends who were getting rid of their 1970's vintage Barbie house and we gladly took it off their hands. It's hiding in our shed until Christmas morning. I'm hoping to make some sweet felt furniture to go inside and some sort of dolls as well. We don't have Barbie's in our house, not because we are against them, we just don't have them.....don't you find it strange that for some reason Barbie's always end up naked?
  • David is still working hard at taking care of our family. Yesterday his teacher in his statistics class raved about a certain student that got more than 100% on the last test when the rest of the class averaged at the C level. Yes, you got it, it was David. I don't know how he can juggle so much and excel in everything that he does. So proud of him!
  • David's really looking forward to Christmas break this year. A little relaxing time before he starts his 15 credit semester in January.
  • Harvey needs a haircut. Snow sticks to his fur like crazy! I can't stand him going outside without his booties, for the sake of my just shampooed carpets. Last night he took off up the street and around the corner dying for exercise, because I kept him in all day. I had to go find him and two of his booties and straps that were strewn all over the place. His lightening bold speeds shot them off into the dark night. Naughty!

2 comments:

The Romig Chronicles said...

You are totally cracking me up about the Barbies. We only have one at our house, and if Jed ever saw it laying around naked he would take it away because he got sick of seeing it. I think it is great that you are doing homemade gifts. They are the best.

bookette said...

okay, this may sound tacky, but I have patterns for cute plastic canvas Barbie furniture, which you could totally borrow if you want. At least, I thought it was cute 20 years ago. maybe felt is a better idea.