I have been wanting to start swimming laps and have never really dared, mostly because it would have to be sooo early in the morning, but my friend Jen, who teaches water arobics, encouraged me to try swimming laps with her on her off days. So I have decided to take up swimming laps two times a week. Today was my first day. I thought I would be pretty good, since I have been running for a long time. I felt like my endurance was great and swimming would be a great way to mix up my exercise and have a little break from running. Well, whew!! It was crazy hard. I could only do a few laps and I was totally out of breath!! Not to mention that I have no idea about the breathing and the proper techniques of each form. (Jen coached me a lot with that too! :)) I am really excited to continue this challenge of exercising my body in a way that I am not used to....and who knows, maybe a triathlon will be in the near future?
3 comments:
What a great example you are, Liz! I'm working up enough courage to look at a pool. Ha! Love ya', Mom
Swimming is a killer workout, huh? I can swim about half a lap before I feel like I'm going to have a major heart attack. You are my hero! I always feel inspired when I read your blog. :)
Liz, slow down. You're making me look so lazy! First the running and now this...
Post a Comment