On the morning of the 10th, I woke up not knowing what my birthday would entail. David was out of town and what fun is a birthday without my best friend? We always do something special, just the two of us. I came out of my room where the kids were all waiting for me. "Come open your presents, Mom." They all said in unison. I looked at the fireplace where we always put the birthday presents. To my surprise, there was a stack of presents waiting for me. All wrapped with computer paper and glued together because they couldn't find the tape. One by one I opened little presents that were made just for me. Graham was sure to let me know that the though rock with a smiley face drawn on it was from him, he had no idea what it was. Carmen had done it for him. :) Carmen gave me coupons for helping around the house. For breakfast the kids wanted to make it so I could have a morning off. It was shaping up to be a good birthday morning.
After taking the kids to school, I checked my email. I had a gift card to Amazon from my big brother. So I went online shopping! It took off from there. Texts, emails, phone calls, and messages came streaming in. I was feeling quite loved.
Sarah stopped by with a balloon, chocolates and $ for me to buy something fun. While we were visiting David called on his break in Philadelphia. While we were talking there was a knock at the door. A guy was standing there with a bouquet of flowers from David with a sweet note attached. We laughed that David happened to be on the phone when they arrived.
A few minutes later my sweet friend Michelle shows up with a cute little chocolate cake the size of a large cupcake, a gift certificate for a pedicure (I've never done that before, believe it or not), and a sweet note.
For lunch Brooke took me to a modern little cafe called Communal on University Ave. The food was so good and we had a great time talking without the kids. Megan across the street watched Reese and Truman so I could go.
For dinner I got to go to Tortilla Bar with Michelle, Sarah, and Laurel. The food there never disappoints.
I came home and put the kids to bed. And enjoyed the rest of the evening home alone watching tv without any interruptions. It really was a great 34th birthday. Although David wasn't here to share it with me, everyone else pulled through and made me feel really special.
No comments:
Post a Comment