Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day To Me!

I have never been into texting. I have never really even been into carrying a cell phone on me at all times. And it drives David crazy. He can't ever get ahold of me if I'm out running errands or just not by my phone. I think the last straw was when I came home from a lunch date with my friends and I told him how they were all using their phones to program in contact numbers for each other and I didn't even know how to do that on my pay-as-you-go phone. (All the girls thought it was hilarious that I whipped out my planner to jot down the information). So for Valentine's Day he surprised me with a used (new for me!) Blackberry Curve. I had so much fun on it last night texting him, even though he was in the bed right next to me! And he had so much fun laughing at how I make sure I don't forget the ., ?, -, and ! I still have to learn all the texting tricks and abbreviations. Out of the blue, Sarah texted me too! (she knew I was getting a new phone). Who knew texting could be so much fun? I am now trying to learn all the ins and outs of this cool little machine. I guess it's time that I get with the times. :) Thanks for the fun Valentine gift, Babe!

2 comments:

bevany said...

Hey, Liz...Amy (Hed) said I should say hi. I used to look at your blog before you went private and your family is way cute. Email me at bevany@gmail.com...she said you'd want an invite to my blog.

Unknown said...

Hooray for your husband for getting you a phone. Welcome to 2010 my friend. Send me a text.