The other day I sent them across the street to play. While I was standing in the door, I watched as they held hands and ran with excitement to Megan's and I had a glimpse into the past. I thought of how much my two little girls are just like my sister and I growing up. I was the older, more bossy, tomboy of the two, where Becky was the sweet, motherly, willing to play whatever I told her to type. That is exactly how Carmen and Morgan are. I can't wait to see their friendship continue the way that ours has. It was one of those special moments that make being a mother so rewarding.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Glimpse Into The Past
The other day I sent them across the street to play. While I was standing in the door, I watched as they held hands and ran with excitement to Megan's and I had a glimpse into the past. I thought of how much my two little girls are just like my sister and I growing up. I was the older, more bossy, tomboy of the two, where Becky was the sweet, motherly, willing to play whatever I told her to type. That is exactly how Carmen and Morgan are. I can't wait to see their friendship continue the way that ours has. It was one of those special moments that make being a mother so rewarding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I loved growing up with you Liz! What a blessing your life has been to me. Love you! Hang in there.
That is such a sweet post Liz. My older sister is a best friend to me too. I loved seeing how your kids all played together!
That is so sweet. Doesn't it make you feel like you must be doing something right when they hold hands or hug eachother for no reason? You're such a good mom!
Cute! I SO WISH I had a sister. I think every day how lucky my girls are to have each other.
It's so fun to have a sister that you are close to. I love that my girls have each other, even though they do fight every once in a while they are the best of friends and I hope it stays that way.
Post a Comment