Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jr Jazz is Over

Graham completed his Jr Jazz basketball games on Tuesday. He was so excited to get a metal. That was his favorite thing about all the games combined. He even wore it to school today. He said, "I know this isn't gold or silver, but it's some kind of metal."
During the first couple of games I felt so bad for him because he wasn't as advanced as the other kids and being the overprotective mother that I am, I wanted to save him and take him out of the sport. By the end, I was glad that I kept him in. He learned a lot about the sport and I learned a lot about letting things go. Graham was a good sport. He didn't get the ball past to him a lot, but he did feel part of the team and he was always excited for the other kids on his team when they made a basket. I am proud of him for trying.

This is his team, minus a couple players that weren't there that day. The ones pictured here are all in second grade, except for Graham. I asked Graham after his last game if he wanted to play again next year. And he exclaimed, "Sure!"

No comments: