Saturday, November 3, 2012

Our Happy Halloween


It was a busy, but great day on Halloween this year.  We was busy baking, running errands, going to the parade at the school, and then spending the night with Sarah and her fam.  Halloween is Sarah's birthday, so you will never see her not dressed up on her birthday.  It's part of the celebration, to get into a costume.  Last year she took first place in the costume contest at the Halloween Half Marathon.  She went as Mystique from X-Men and looked AWESOME.  This year once again, she didn't disappoint. 

 Everyone, minus me and Reese, at Sarah and John's Trunk-or-Treat.
 Zipperface.  She would tell people, "I've come undone."
 Morgan staring at zipperface.  Wondering how in the world Sarah did that.
 Me, Reese, and the chicken.  
 Sugar!  Like we didn't get enough that day.  Here's my sugar cookies that I make Sarah every year.  They're her favorite.  John made her a pumpkin birthday cake with cream cheese frosting, all from scratch, I might add.  Below are homemade maple bars that I made that morning for David and his cohort.  Thank you Pinterest.
 Reese at the trunk-or-treat.  I didn't dress her up this night.  I was just a little too tired.  Plus she was in the Moby the whole time anyway and her costume would've been covered anyway.
 Robber eating chili.
 Graham being Graham.  :)  Telling me he had a slight headache.  He didn't even realize that he was playing the Napoleon Dynamite role perfectly as I snapped this shot.
 Chicken boy taking a break.
That night we headed home to our neighborhood and did a little more trick or treating.  Graham, Carmen, and Morgan were then invited to hit a few more neighborhoods with the Harouni's (our sweet neighbors).  They came home just before 9 super stoked because of all the candy they scored.   It was a great Halloween in 2012!

No comments: