Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August in Rexburg

We headed up to Rexburg this last weekend to pick up Graham from his week long stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Graham had a blast. Mom and Dad made each day special for him. They did everything from hiking the R mountain, taking a canoe down the snake river, bowling, playing at the splash park, and many more fun things. They also made Graham's favorite foods like omelets and noodles. He also got to hang out with his cool uncle Sam. When asked if he was missing us he replied, "I don't miss my mom and dad one bit!" At least he's honest. Graham loved the one-on-one time so much, he can't wait to go back next year. I am sure Mom and Dad needed a long nap when we left.
The fun didn't end when we got there. Sam and Dad had set up the teepee in the backyard. I have some great childhood memories of the teepee set up at the ranch for family outings with my extended family.
Saturday morning Dad and I got up and went on a nice run. Can I just say, I love August in Rexburg. Just beautiful.
Sam, David, and I got to do a session in the Rexburg Temple at 9:00 am.
Saturday afternoon, we headed up to the ranch for a cook-out. It was fun to be up there.
Even though we weren't there for long, we just had a great time.
Late Sunday night when we had made it home and were getting ready for bed I asked Graham if he had a good time in Idaho. He said it was the perfect way to spend his last week of summer vacation. I agree.
Teepee.Mom and Morgan enjoying a beautiful sunset that the ranch.

Dad and Sam hiking on the trail out of the ranch.
David and Carmen (like his huge bill sailor hat? We borrowed our hats from mom and dad's stash.)
Front view of our family cabin. My Grandpa Packer built it.
Me and Truman.
Graham. He said he's going to pose this way when he's a little older and has big muscles.
Carmen and Morgan.


1 comment:

Sadie Lynn said...

So fun. Makes us miss Rexburg and all of the people that were there. Glad Graham had fun and you survived without him.