Friday evening after filling up our little pool, I was encouraging the kids to get in and swim. I was holding Truman on my hip and he was facing outward checking everything out. I started to razz Harvey about getting in the freezing water as well. He started to bark. It was his way of refusing my commands. I am telling you, the water was cold! Even a dog who loves the water didn't want to touch it.
I was a little nervous about how Truman would react to Harvey's barking and was surprised when I felt his little body shake with laughter. As Harvey continued to bark, Truman thought it was the funniest thing and he continued to giggle. There have been a few other moments where Truman laughed, but they were nothing like this. I think it was the first time he actually noticed we had a big, furry, friendly thing living in our midst. And his loud, low bark was really hilarious to him.
1 comment:
I love it! Baby laughter is so sweet. And I really like Harvey.
Also on a sad note. I am going to have to remove myself from the biggest loser competition. I tweaked my knee yesterday, and am now hobbling around in my pulumbo knee brace. So I won't be able to put forth intense workouts to keep up with everyone else wicked weight loss percentages. I am sad. I hope it goes well and everyone reaches the suckles they desire.
Post a Comment