Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Thought

'Tis the season...

...of taking on too much. That's how I have been feeling anyway. I have started a little tradition in our family, where every year the kids get a new crocheted toy by their stocking on Christmas morning made by me. I think the kids really could care less, but I have this thing where I feel like I need to do it for them. That's something about me that I probably need to change. I am always taking on too much. Don't know if it's just me or if others do it. We just watched the classic Mormon flick The RM witht the kids the other night. Graham thought it was hil-arious. He was laughing at multiple parts. One thing he thought was hysterical was the fact that the woman go overboard with their relief society lessons with handouts and elaborate centerpieces. Then over in priesthood the men can't remember who had the lesson for that day. Isn't it kind of true?
....of giving. We just had a special delivery on our door step with an envelope. The envelope said From: Santa and his Elves. Because of that special delivery, our kids will have a very nice Christmas. And we look forward to the day that we too can help other families with young ones that are struggling to get through school, which brings me to my next thought...

.....of celebration! David is our college graduate! Undergrad that is. We have filled out multiple applications for graduate school. Two programs here at BYU. We hope to stay here, but are willing to go where we need to so David can get the schooling he needs.

....of reflection. We have been trying to keep the focus on our Savior during this Christmas season. It's so easy to get sidetracked and think only about presents. We are grateful the best gift of all. The gift of the Atonement from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Yes, working on not going overboard. Thanks for the great thoughts! And congrats to Dave. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Amanda P said...

I'm definitely an over-doer. I hope you can try not to take on anything you don't truly enjoy. :) Congrats to Dave - if you guys find yourselves in Fargo, you'll have some friends. haha. Merry Christmas.

Megan said...

Great thoughts Liz! I too go overboard and take on too much. Congrats to David! Good luck with Graduate school. He will do amazing! Hope you guys are well. I think of you often! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Liz, you are so great!!! I just love you!! You are such a good example and a great mom. I can't wait to see you when you come up to the burg. Merry Christmas and tell David congrats, thats awesome!!!

Karen said...

Love the family picture!! So cute. I feel like I know your kids...even though we've never hung out...on that note, I think we need to get together and do some catching up!
I tend to go overboard too. Gotta love those LDS movies to teach us how funny we really are! :)
Congrats to Dave for getting his degree. My husband just finished his too. (yippy!)