Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!


It was my dad's birthday yesterday. We wanted to give him something special and unique. What about a huge crocheted doll? Why not? He's still young at heart. The kids loved him. I gave him glasses, little stubby hair, and a bow tie. All things that resemble grandpa. When he was down last week, the kids gave it to him. I think they were more excited than anything. They could barely keep their hands off him. He was really fun to make and I heard that he is now home displayed on my dad's desk in his office. Happy Birthday Grandpa! We love you!

2 comments:

Karen said...

So cute! I need to learn how to do that. You are so good at it!!!

Us, the Gilson's said...

Too fun! How did it go? Was the pattern pretty clear? I found that if you use the right needle they actually say, it's a lot closer to their claimed size. ah well. Big is, I think, a lot more fun!

Those slippers you made... can you wash them?
---Jenn